Tuesday 31 December 2013

How to survive waiting for submission responses with sanity intact

6 Rules of survival whilst waiting

1. Do not think about project. Remove all traces of project from work vicinity. Write something else. (50% success - wrote another novel. But then it was finished and started thinking again)
2. See people who still seem to like you since you turned into half-reclusive half-boring writer (100% success - Easy. I've missed them)
3. Read some engrossing novels that aren't for research purposes (70% success. Reading makes me think about writing makes me think about submissions)
4. Exercise. Bottom has grown to size of small bungalow in this year of writing (1% success. Went for first jog in 6 months today. Well it has been raining a lot)
5. Watch TV - when drafting I go weeks without it. 3 seasons of Sons of Anarchy since November. Great distraction (80% success. Jax reminds me a little of my lead character Smith)
6. Most importantly:

No comments:

Post a Comment